This blog post draws inspiration from a thought-provoking article by Rob@MustardSeedMoney, in which he pinpoints Monday as the optimal day for stock market investments. Given my substantial engagement in passive investment and dollar-cost averaging, Rob's assertion piqued my interest. I embarked on a mathematical exploration to assess the validity of designating Monday as the most advantageous day for implementing a weekly dollar-cost averaging strategy. Are you prepared to delve into the findings? By scrutinizing the data and crunching the numbers, I aim to provide a comprehensive assessment of the feasibility and effectiveness of such a strategy. So, let's embark on this journey together and uncover whether Monday truly shines as the premier choice for enhancing the benefits of dollar-cost investing on a weekly basis.
I consider myself a passive investor, and my investment portfolio primarily consists of Vanguard's low-cost funds and ETFs. Vanguard offers a wide array of high-quality fund and ETF options, which has been instrumental in shaping my investment strategy. One of the initial decisions I confronted was whether to opt for ETFs or mutual funds. The internet is teeming with abundant resources, providing extensive insights into the advantages and disadvantages of both these investment vehicles. This decision marked a pivotal moment in my investment journey, as it influenced the structure of my portfolio and how I approach passive investing. Vanguard's diverse offerings have empowered me to tailor my investment approach to suit my financial objectives, and their low-cost nature aligns perfectly with my passive investment philosophy. The choice between ETFs and mutual funds represents a critical aspect of my investment strategy, underscoring the importance of thorough research and due di...
Vanguard Real Estate ETF (VNQ): Navigating the World of Property Investments Vanguard Real Estate ETF (VNQ): Navigating the World of Property Investments In a diversified investment portfolio, real estate can play a crucial role, offering potential for income, capital appreciation, and inflation hedging. However, direct property ownership can be illiquid and capital-intensive. The Vanguard Real Estate ETF ($VNQ) provides an accessible, low-cost avenue for investors to gain diversified exposure to the U.S. real estate market without the complexities of direct ownership. VNQ primarily invests in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), companies that own, operate, or finance income-producing real estate across various sectors, from commercial properties to residential and specialized facilities. This structure allows investors to participate in the real estate market's potential returns and income distributions while enjoying the li...
Great achievement. Love to know how you create those diagrams.
ReplyDeleteHello PS,
DeleteTo generate the data for both the graphs I used https://www.personalcapital.com
And for plotting I used https://plot.ly/create/
Thank you
DeleteVery impressive percentage increase. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete