Monday, April 30, 2018

April 2018 : Investment Portfolio Status

April is over and it’s time for my monthly status update. As always I will be comparing my portfolio performance against S&P 500. Good to see some upward movement, S&P 500 is up 0.27% in April.



Dividends

My forward dividends reached $1,019.89 an increase of $51.06. This is a 5.01% increase from March 2018. My goal for 2018 is $1,500 in forward dividends. My forward dividends are at 67.99% of this goal.

My overall investment portfolio grew by 6.82%. I had a 5.53% growth in portfolio through infusion of new capital (inorganic growth). Finally! I got some assistance from Mr. Market. My portfolio increase by 1.29% thanks to the increase in stock market.







I barely outperformed S&P 500 thanks to my international funds. Largest position in my portfolio is S&P 500 ETF (40.36%) and average expense ratio is 0.069%. I added a goal of being Financially Independent (FI) by 2032. With my current investments and dividends I am at 6.12% of FI.


Side Hustles

In addition to dividends I plan on including my side hustle income in my monthly summary. My side hustle income is from Swagbucks.com, TopCashBack.com, credit cards (cash back) and Raise.com. My total side hustle income for April was $165.61. My side hustles are turning out to be a great source of passive income.


Vitality

My goal was to obtain $41.60 from vitality. I get vitality points for my gym visits (each point comes out to be $0.01). I think of it as a side hustle which generates money and keeps me fit. As of April 2018 I have earned $14.80 from Vitality.






Expenses & Zero Day Challenge

We have been tracking our zero dollar days in 2018. In April we again had 7 zero dollar days. We had a few big ticket purchases and a planned vacation. So, our expenses are on the higher side. My dividends cover 2.8% of our April expenses. A slight drop compared to March.








12 comments:

  1. DG, Congrats on crossing the $1K mark in forward dividends! Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats DG, another good month. Growth of 6.82% and $1000 + in dividends, Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I will take any increase ... 6% is definitely good.

      Delete
  3. 1k that's a big one to cross! Congrats!

    Keep up the great side hustles, it speeds you along. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True side hustles are a great way to bump up investments. Thanks mate :-)

      Delete
  4. Yes!... big news in crossing the $1K mark in forward dividends. Congratulations. I'm rooting for you to reach your $1.5K goal, DG. Keep that capital infusion going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ED. 1.5k seems doable. I would like to hit 2k if possible :-) Couple of corrections spread around the year would definitely help.

      Delete
  5. Really Great work Man, Thanks for your articles, this saved me a lot of time. All of the posts on your blog are having informative and valuable content. I appreciate your efforts.

    I would like to offer a great topic for you. Once check it for valuable information.
    Forex
    Forex
    Currency Trading
    Currency Trading
    Currency Trading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Information! Its looking Nice.Useful for me to develop my knowledge. Thank you!
    You can invest in stocks yourself by buying individual Stocks & Shares or mutual funds,IPOs, or get help investing in stocks by Visit stockinvestor.in
    Stock Trading

    Equity Trading

    Demat Account

    Share Trading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I am a regular follower and I always try to read all your articles and most of the times it really helps for us. Here we also offer some great content. Check one before you left.
    Colgate-Palmolive (India)
    Hindustan Zinc Ltd.
    Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
    Sagar Cements Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice article. stockinvestor.in shares information related to stock market like stock market analysis, advice the tips to invest in the stock market, and also provides stock market recommendations.
    commodity
    futures contracts
    futures exchange

    ReplyDelete